As battle to liberate Mosul plays out, Yazidis hope for healing
As the highly anticipated assault on the ISIS stronghold of Mosul grinds along, members of the minority Yazidi community wait with grim anticipation to learn the fate of loved ones trapped or enslaved in Iraq’s second-largest city.
Yazidi hostages, sex slaves and even young men brainwashed and conscripted into the black-clad jihadist army are inside the city. And the beleaguered Yazidi community knows those may be the lucky ones.
Related Image Expand / Contract Guly, (l.), and Murad, (r.), lost everything when ISIS overran their village. Now they subsist with their daughter in a state of... read more
- 00:41 Democrats gather to confront lingering 2016 frustration
- 00:41 His former associates in court, Trump focuses on 'winning'
- 00:41 Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges
- 00:41 Inside catch and kill: Cohen, a porn star and 'Individual 1'
- 00:41 In courtroom, Manafort stood frozen as 8 guilty counts read
- 00:41 Timeline: From 'nothing to see here' to Cohen's guilty pleas
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...