As battle to liberate Mosul plays out, Yazidis hope for healing
As the highly anticipated assault on the ISIS stronghold of Mosul grinds along, members of the minority Yazidi community wait with grim anticipation to learn the fate of loved ones trapped or enslaved in Iraq’s second-largest city.
Yazidi hostages, sex slaves and even young men brainwashed and conscripted into the black-clad jihadist army are inside the city. And the beleaguered Yazidi community knows those may be the lucky ones.
Related Image Expand / Contract Guly, (l.), and Murad, (r.), lost everything when ISIS overran their village. Now they subsist with their daughter in a state of... read more
- 22:06 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 21:07 Odell Beckham Jr. sued for $15 million in alleged assault, NY...
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 19:06 Harris County Flood Control District proposes tunnel idea to drain...
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...