As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez reports $222,000 in bank
AUSTIN -- Incumbent Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has maintained his mammoth fundraising lead on Democratic challenger Lupe Valdez, raising his tally in recent months to more than $50 million, new campaign finance filings show.
Abbott's report shows he raised $11 million from 30,000 donors between the end of February and the end of June, leaving him with $28.9 million.
That's down from previous reports as Abbott spent $16.1 million with an Alexandria, Va., media firm for political advertising that campaign officials say will be the first wave of a statewide TV ad blitz in the final... read more
- 07:26 In addition to flood bond, Harris County IDs $620M in mitigation...
- 00:45 Gates testimony dredges up Trump inaugural spending mystery
- 00:45 What to Watch: Minn.,Wis. primaries test allegiance to Trump
- 00:36 'Blue wave' to be tested in key Midwestern primaries
- 00:30 Trump warns Cuomo: Anybody who runs against me 'suffers'
- 00:30 Manafort trial turns from prosecution's case to his defense
- 00:30 Secretly taping conversations is not unknown in Trump world