Asian stocks subdued ahead of Fed news
SEOUL, South Korea -- Asian stock markets were subdued Wednesday ahead of the outcome of the Federal Reserve's first policy meeting under its new chief.
The Asian heavyweight index, Tokyo's Nikkei 225, was up 0.4 percent to 14,462.52 bouncing back from earlier loss. Australia's S&P/ASX 200 gained 0.2 percent to 5,355.60.
But China's Shanghai Composite Index dropped 0.5 percent to 2,016.05. South Korea's Kospi was down 0.1 percent to 1,937.68 and Hong Kong's Hang Seng shed 0.1 percent to 21,558.84.
The U.S. Federal Reserve ends a two-day policy meeting Wednesday, the first headed by new... read more
- 04:30 Koch network success in Trump era draws Democratic pushback
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein