Ask Matt: Where will profits grow again?
Q: Where will profits grow again?
A: It wasn’t a banner fourth quarter for profits. But investors are hoping to see growth return in select spots.
Now than 97% of companies in the Standard & Poor’s 500 have reported fourth quarter profits, investorssee adjusted quarterly profit fell 4.3% during the quarter compared with the same year-ago period, says S&P Global Market Intelligence. So far, 65% of S&P 500 companies have topped expectations, which is slightly below the 66% that usually do. Not surprisingly, the energy sector is where profit got hit the hardest, as adjusted profit... read more
- 22:37 Ex-Coronado QB Jay Vanderjagt 'shocked' by NFL QB Jared Goff's prank
- 22:10 Diamondbacks treat 9-year-old with a rough road ahead to a day at park
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced