Ask Matt: Where will profits grow again?
Q: Where will profits grow again?
A: It wasn’t a banner fourth quarter for profits. But investors are hoping to see growth return in select spots.
Now than 97% of companies in the Standard & Poor’s 500 have reported fourth quarter profits, investorssee adjusted quarterly profit fell 4.3% during the quarter compared with the same year-ago period, says S&P Global Market Intelligence. So far, 65% of S&P 500 companies have topped expectations, which is slightly below the 66% that usually do. Not surprisingly, the energy sector is where profit got hit the hardest, as adjusted profit... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House