Ask the Experts: Does former employer owe unused vacation time?
The company that my husband used to work for terminated its employees and moved the business to another country. My husband had accrued 100 hours of vacation time that he was saving to use on a summer vacation. The company is citing Arizona law, stating that it doesn’t need to pay him for the unused vacation time. However, past actions of the company indicate that they had paid out unused vacation time in previous years. Considering this, isn’t he owed compensation for these hours?
Dictated by company’s policies and practicesIt depends. As an initial matter, Arizona employers are not... read more
- 19:56 Arizona Cardinals trade Jared Veldheer to the Denver Broncos for...
- 19:36 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller eyes rookie goals record vs....
- 19:06 Harris County Flood Control District proposes tunnel idea to drain...
- 18:36 White House staffers on edge as Trump eyes another shake-up
- 18:32 Lobbying pays off for small drugmaker in budget bill
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law