ASU athletics revenue tops $100 million for first time in 2016-17
Arizona State athletic revenue surpassed $100 million for the first time in fiscal year 2017, but expenses increased enough to cut the department's surplus in half.
Revenue climbed 7.2 percent in the 2016-17 fiscal year, from $94.6 million to a school record $101.5 million.
"We finally reached that goal everyone has been focused on," said Chris Tudor, ASU assistant athletic director for finance.
"It shows the strong performance we've been putting in the last few years. We've seen a nice trend in revenues and our net position has looked very strong."
MORE: Arizona state... read more
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'
- 06:45 Democrat Kim Olson has more cash, less debt than Agriculture...
- 06:45 Texas Senate panel meets today to discuss mass shootings in schools
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House