ASU athletics revenue tops $100 million for first time in 2016-17
Arizona State athletic revenue surpassed $100 million for the first time in fiscal year 2017, but expenses increased enough to cut the department's surplus in half.
Revenue climbed 7.2 percent in the 2016-17 fiscal year, from $94.6 million to a school record $101.5 million.
"We finally reached that goal everyone has been focused on," said Chris Tudor, ASU assistant athletic director for finance.
"It shows the strong performance we've been putting in the last few years. We've seen a nice trend in revenues and our net position has looked very strong."
MORE: Arizona state... read more
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border
- 16:45 Car hits 3 pedestrians in Phoenix
- 16:45 Officials: Man shot by Mesa police has died
- 16:45 Phoenix ranks 9th most unaffordable city for renters, according to...
- 16:45 Bills take aim at Arizona's booming drug rehab industry
- 16:45 Police arrest man they say was impaired at time of fatal Scottsdale...
- 16:35 Severe winter storm, heavy snow headed to northern Arizona
- 15:42 Michigan basketball pushes through Ohio State on senior day, 74-62
- 15:33 Austin Hatch dresses on Michigan's senior day as honorary captain
- 15:14 Boy, 3, pulled 'unresponsive' from Queen Creek-area pool