ASU baseball falls to New Mexico State, ending three-game win streak
Wednesday was exactly that kind of game that has bedeviled Arizona State baseball this season.
Mid-week against a good hitting non-conference opponent, stretching ASU's thin pitching staff.
Sure enough, ASU fell behind New Mexico State 8-4 through a messy first five innings before stabilizing enough to make a late run at Phoenix Municipal Stadium.
The Sun Devils scored three runs in the seventh then put tying and winning runs on base in the ninth but lost 8-7, ending a three-game win streak.
“Our issue isn't with the bats,” ASU coach Tracy Smith said. “It's defensively, we're making... read more
- 18:46 US newsrooms to Trump: We're not enemies of the people
- 18:08 After Brennan, 9 others face losing security clearances, too
- 15:30 White House says it values diversity, won't disclose numbers
- 15:03 Trump makes good on threat to revoke Brennan's clearance
- 14:00 DNC chair, Ellison discuss abuse allegations after primary
- 11:49 US sanctions shipping firms over North Korea trade
- 11:03 Ex-Trump campaign manager says Bloomberg is 2020 threat
- 11:03 The Latest: Prosecutors say greed, deception drove Manafort
- 09:07 White House admits error for false claim on black employment
- 07:26 City accused of using misleading ballot language for ReBuild...