ASU baseball looks to play spoiler against rival Arizona
Even given a second consecutive losing season, Arizona State baseball still can accomplish some meaningful team goals.
The Sun Devils (21-28, 11-13 Pac-12) still can finish above .500 in the Pac-12, which would be a significant reversal from last year's 8-22, last-place showing.
Also, they can win or split the Territorial Cup Series baseball point in a series starting Thursday at Arizona (30-20, 10-14). At No. 43 in the NCAA ratings percentage index, the Wildcats still have hopes of making the 64-team NCAA Tournament field that would be hurt by one or more losses to ASU (No. 117 RPI).
The... read more
- 11:57 Sutherland Springs survivor urges gun owners to push back against NRA
- 11:18 The Latest: US team heading to Singapore to work on summit
- 10:19 Family grateful for Utah man's 'miracle' Venezuela release
- 09:36 Resistance makes subtle impact even where Trump is popular
- 02:03 Giuliani says White House wants briefing on classified info
- 01:02 Trump stays out of messy House immigration fight
- 00:46 Trump shifts stance on Korea summit from 'off' to 'maybe'
- 00:46 Trump's dizzying shifts on issues from NK, guns, health care