ASU lacrosse, off to 4-1 start, plays first-ever home game Saturday
For the second time this still young year, Arizona State athletics is making history by debuting a new team.
First, in January, it was men's tennis, returning after a 10-year absence. Now women's lacrosse will play its first home game ever at 3 p.m. on Saturday against Presbyterian at Sun Devil Soccer Stadium.
Lacrosse and triathlon are women's sports financed through a $32 million donation that elevated men's hockey from club to NCAA status.
Coach Courtney Martinez Connor signed players in April and November 2016, some of whom redshirted in 2016-17 to provide a somewhat experienced nucleus... read more
- 10:36 Arizona's best high school track programs: Chandler making mark
- 09:34 The Latest: Trump 'considering' veto of budget bill
- 08:46 Afghan army faulted for sloppiness with blood-type testing
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions