ASU lacrosse, off to 4-1 start, plays first-ever home game Saturday
For the second time this still young year, Arizona State athletics is making history by debuting a new team.
First, in January, it was men's tennis, returning after a 10-year absence. Now women's lacrosse will play its first home game ever at 3 p.m. on Saturday against Presbyterian at Sun Devil Soccer Stadium.
Lacrosse and triathlon are women's sports financed through a $32 million donation that elevated men's hockey from club to NCAA status.
Coach Courtney Martinez Connor signed players in April and November 2016, some of whom redshirted in 2016-17 to provide a somewhat experienced nucleus... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler