ASU men's golf makes NCAA Championships while Arizona falls short
The Arizona State men's golf team is 2-for-2 making the NCAA Championships under second-year head coach Matt Thurmond.
ASU finished fifth in the regional in Raleigh, NC, on Wednesday, claiming the final spot, as only the top five teams in each region advance. ASU (-18) edged Georgia Tech by one stroke for that final spot.
The Sun Devils were led by Chun An Yu, who finished T-5 at -9. Texas (-39) won the regional by 17 shots over Duke.
Meanwhile, Arizona fell just short of the NCAAs.
In the Kissimmee regional, the Wildcats (-18) finished sixth, coming up two strokes short of advancing.... read more
- 01:02 Congressional leaders get briefings on Russia probe
- 17:04 'It's about time': Trump pardons late boxer Jack Johnson
- 16:13 Ted Cruz says injured Santa Fe students told him 'donât take our...
- 16:01 Democrat gubernatorial candidate Valdez owes $12K in overdue...
- 15:27 Trump awards Medal of Honor to Navy SEAL in Afghan assault
- 14:45 Stormy Daniels' lawyer seeks permission to depose Trump
- 12:50 Trump signs bill easing post-2008 crisis restraints on banks