ASU's Herm Edwards vs. Arizona's Kevin Sumlin: Who has better contract deal?
Arizona State and the University of Arizona both hired new football coaches within weeks of each other in the same off season.
So, who has the best deal, ASU's Herm Edwards or Arizona's Kevin Sumlin?
Sumlin starts with an edge. He has a higher guaranteed salary under his proposed contract going to the Arizona Board of Regents for approval Thursday- $14.5 million over five years - compared to Edwards' $11 million.
But both of their contracts are loaded with incentives that kick in if their teams have winning seasons and do well in post-season play.
Edwards, most recently an NFL analyst at... read more
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today
- 12:45 Audit: Arizona fails to collect $36.7 million in drug rebates
- 12:45 Ritz-Carlton finally breaks ground on Paradise Valley resort
- 12:10 White House says US could reach 3 percent growth rate
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals
- 12:03 Phoenix has fewer than 100 homes left from 19th century. Here's...