ASU student invites thousands to 'scream like Goku' at Taco Bell near Tempe campus
It started out as a joke.
Viking Wadsworth wanted to invite Arizona State University students to meet up and scream like the character Goku from the Japanese anime TV show "Dragon Ball Z."
Where would be the funniest place to do so? It seemed obvious.
The Taco Bell near ASU's Tempe campus, of course.
At 2 a.m. on a weekend.
He created a Facebook event for 2 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 23, at the Taco Bell on Rural Road and Apache Boulevard, hoping to get a few laughs.
Soon, RSVPs began pouring in. More than 4,000 people responded that they were interested in or going to the Facebook... read more
- 10:10 These Arizona cities got perfect scores for LGBT equality
- 10:01 Kneeling during anthem offends referee, a veteran. He walks out....
- 09:58 John McCain memoir, 'The Restless Wave,' coming in April
- 09:56 94 deaths from plague in Madagascar, UN health agency says
- 09:45 As Congress drafts budget, could lure of oil-drilling revenue put...
- 08:35 An unpaid $7 Waffle House bill leads Louisiana police to a...
- 08:18 Trump blames 'radical Islam' for uptick in crime in Britain
- 07:19 Arizona submits bid for Amazon headquarters. Now we wait
- 06:25 Countries with the highest pollution deaths, mortality rates
- 04:14 Evoking slain son, Kelly defends Trump on condolence calls