AT&T latest company to back Apple's stance against feds
SAN FRANCISCO — AT&T is supporting Apple in its battle with the federal government over access to a killer's iPhone.
The telecommunications company filed an amicus brief Thursday backing Apple's denial of an FBI request to access a phone used by one of the killer's in the San Bernardino massacre. The deadline for all such briefs to be submitted is late Thursday.
"This case involves two interests that all Americans share: keeping our citizens safe and protecting our personal privacy," the AT&T statement read. "As a company committed to both, the critical issue to... read more
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents
- 10:28 Where Beto OâRourke and Ted Cruz will be this weekend
- 10:28 VIDEO: Willie Nelson on Beto backlash: 'I don't care'
- 07:16 In push to buy flooded homes, Harris County sometimes bested by...