Attack ads in Houston race being funded by brother-in-law's business
The biggest donor behind negative ads against Republican Dan Crenshaw in a Houston Republican congressional runoff is his opponent's brother-in-law's law firm, new Federal Election Commission reports show.
The Lanier Law Firm sent $450,000 to Conservative Results Matter in April, FEC records filed on Thursday show. That PAC, which supports Kevin Roberts for the 2nd Congressional District over Crenshaw, has been running ads that slam Crenshaw as a "so-called Republican" and compares him to Democrats like former President Barack Obama and U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders.
The Lanier Law... read more
- 11:57 Sutherland Springs survivor urges gun owners to push back against NRA
- 11:18 The Latest: US team heading to Singapore to work on summit
- 10:19 Family grateful for Utah man's 'miracle' Venezuela release
- 09:36 Resistance makes subtle impact even where Trump is popular
- 02:03 Giuliani says White House wants briefing on classified info
- 01:02 Trump stays out of messy House immigration fight
- 00:46 Trump shifts stance on Korea summit from 'off' to 'maybe'
- 00:46 Trump's dizzying shifts on issues from NK, guns, health care