Attorney Corbett O'Meara killed in St. Clair Shores car crash
A prominent attorney who was the son of a federal judge was killed in a car crash Saturday in St. Clair Shores.
Corbett O'Meara, 47, of Grosse Pointe Farms, died after the 1999 Acura he was driving rear-ended a 2001 Mercedes Benz and then hit a tree, St. Clair Shores police said.
The accident injured the other driver, a 62-year-old Eastpointe woman, who was listed in stable condition today at a local hospital, Police Lt. Steve Lambert said. He did not release her name.
O'Meara was the son of U.S. District Judge John Corbett O'Meara and was associated with the law firm of Sanford A. Schulman... read more
- 15:42 Energy Secretary Rick Perry's father dies at 92
- 15:41 Fears of losing pre-existing conditions protection under GOP
- 15:41 Florida eye doctor guilty on all counts of Medicare fraud
- 15:28 Bordow: Firing of Desert Vista baseball coach Stan Luketich makes...
- 15:10 Trump at NRA convention: 'Eight-year assault' on gun rights is over
- 15:04 Stream of quakes rattles Chilean coast
- 14:38 Trump's tweets cooling — and the impact is fading a bit
- 14:36 Trump's 100-day cram session
- 14:25 North Korea's army: 1.2M men, obsolete equipment and nukes
- 13:56 A look at Macedonia's deepening political turmoil