Attorney: Plea deal in works for teen accused in Hamilton assault case
A criminal case against a teenager charged as an adult in connection with a sexual-assault investigation involving Hamilton High School football players is expected to be resolved this spring, the teen's lawyer said Friday.
At a court hearing, Cindy Castillo told Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Danielle Viola that a settlement conference hearing should be scheduled sometime in April for her client to enter a plea deal.
Details of the potential plea deal were not discussed during the Friday hearing.
READ MORE: 2 cases resolved in Hamilton High football sex-assault investigation... read more
- 15:42 Michigan basketball pushes through Ohio State on senior day, 74-62
- 15:33 Austin Hatch dresses on Michigan's senior day as honorary captain
- 15:14 Boy, 3, pulled 'unresponsive' from Queen Creek-area pool
- 14:44 Mets GM Sandy Alderson believes Tim Tebow will eventually play in MLB
- 14:18 Ex-cheerleading coach pleads guilty to attempted molestation
- 13:38 Crash in Phoenix leaves one person dead, police say
- 13:14 The Latest: Trump to meet with Florida high school students
- 12:54 Florida suspect's red flags weren't enough to stop gun buy
- 12:01 Four great new fiction titles for teens and John Green fans
- 08:33 Trump mad at law enforcement, lawmakers over Iran payment