Audit: Parole Board failing to collect fees, missing assessment deadlines
The Massachusetts Parole Board is failing to collect parole supervision fees and is missing deadlines for assessing parolees, State Auditor Suzanne M. Bump tells Boston Herald Radio today.
“Parole offers individuals convicted of a crime the opportunity to reenter and become productive members of society. When fees are collected inconsistently, as was found by this audit, it creates confusion and ultimately is a disservice to those seeking to reenter society,” Bump said in a statement released before an interview with "Morning Meeting" hosts Hillary Chabot and Jaclyn Cashman. “If... read more
- 19:22 Diamondbacks slugger Paul Goldschmidt hoping elbow issues are...
- 18:52 Arizona Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet to attend mother's funeral,...
- 18:45 Death penalty for drug traffickers part of Trump opioid plan
- 18:35 Michigan State's golden opportunity for another national title is over
- 17:53 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 17:12 ASU women face Texas in NCAA Tournament second-round game in Austin
- 17:04 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 16:16 NJ Devils: Is Michael Grabner heating up? Penalty kill flourishes...
- 15:59 Playoff-bound Predators keep winning, but still searching for ways...
- 15:19 South Korean diplomat says Kim has 'given his word' on nukes