Authorities rescue 2 swimmers swept away by rip current
IPSWICH, Mass. — Police and the Coast Guard have rescued a man and his son-in-law who went swimming off Crane Beach in Ipswich and were swept away by a rip current.
The two experienced swimmers entered the water around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday but did not return home as expected. Family members contacted the police after finding their bicycles on shore.
Ipswich police found the son-in-law in the water south of Crane Beach. He told them he and his father-in-law were caught in heavy fog and then swept out by a rip current.
After searching for an hour, a Coast Guard helicopter crew saw the... read more
- 14:06 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes battle the Minnesota Wild
- 14:06 Game Day: Phoenix Suns face Golden State Warriors minus their stars
- 11:03 Obama to visit Singapore, New Zealand, Australia, Japan
- 03:01 Youth served as 20-year-old Daria Kasatkina outlasts valiant Venus...
- 01:55 ASU baseball opens Pac-12 play with comeback win over Oregon
- 01:11 ASU coach Herm Edwards braves flight with Blue Angels before Friday...
- 00:50 White House chief tells staff their jobs safeâ for now
- 00:42 Trump's possible China tariffs send opponents scrambling
- 00:32 Chaos rules: Left and right, Trump advisers in hot water
- 23:52 Predators clinch playoff spot, increase lead in NHL standings by...