Autopsy: Death of Ohio woman during rehab stint an accident
A 22-year-old mother who died at a Sun City West drug-detoxification center last October had pneumonia complications "in the setting of heroin toxicity," according to an autopsy report from the Maricopa County Medical Examiner's Office.
Madison Victoria Cross traveled from her suburban Columbus, Ohio, home to Arizona on Oct. 7 to recover from addiction to multiple substances, including opioids, heroin and alcohol. She died less than 72 hours after checking into Serenity Care Center.
The death of Cross while under the care of a facility that she hoped would help her kick a... read more
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today
- 12:45 Audit: Arizona fails to collect $36.7 million in drug rebates
- 12:45 Ritz-Carlton finally breaks ground on Paradise Valley resort
- 12:10 White House says US could reach 3 percent growth rate
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals