Backlash or not, NFL players determined to ramp up their political activism
When the final whistle blows at the Super Bowl on Sunday, it will mark the end of one of the most political turbulent years in the National Football League's history and one in which the players have responded by flexing their political muscle in ways never seen before.
While the players' activism sometimes drew scorn from fans and President Donald Trump, they have no intention of scaling back. In fact, there are signs they're gearing up.
New federal financial disclosure reports first reported by the Houston Chronicle show the league's players have poured more than $700,000 into a political... read more
- 15:25 Police: Student caught with gun in car at Liberty High School in...
- 15:00 Second child in Houston dies from flu-related causes
- 14:57 Mueller files new charges in Manafort case
- 14:35 Steven Souza Jr. trade reaction: Arizona Diamondbacks rob 'tanking'...
- 14:22 Gilbert High students stage walkout after 17 killed at Florida high...
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health