BAIC can use Mercedes platforms to build cars
STUTTGART, Germany (Reuters) - Chinese state-owned automaker BAIC Motor could in the future build cars off vehicle architectures used to make Mercedes-Benz luxury cars, its German partner Daimler said.
Daimler's Mercedes brand is heavily lagging larger peers BMW and Audi in China, and part of its strategy to close the gap included buying a 12 percent stake in its local joint venture partner for 640 million euros ($822.3 million).
"The value of our stake will continue to grow with every support that we can provide to BAIC. But there is no final decisions, whether components and... read more
- 03:38 Overconfident? Dem optimism surges as midterms approach
- 03:38 Trump picks combat over caution in court fight
- 02:55 Trump promises to rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 02:55 Rosenstein's fate could turn on which account Trump believes
- 02:13 Rosenstein's fate could turn on which account Trump believes
- 22:55 Ted Cruz and Beto OâRourke take plenty of shots in first debate
- 21:50 Trump says he'll rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings