BAIC can use Mercedes platforms to build cars
STUTTGART, Germany (Reuters) - Chinese state-owned automaker BAIC Motor could in the future build cars off vehicle architectures used to make Mercedes-Benz luxury cars, its German partner Daimler said.
Daimler's Mercedes brand is heavily lagging larger peers BMW and Audi in China, and part of its strategy to close the gap included buying a 12 percent stake in its local joint venture partner for 640 million euros ($822.3 million).
"The value of our stake will continue to grow with every support that we can provide to BAIC. But there is no final decisions, whether components and... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco