Band director on leave following 'salsa' award incident
The band director of Valley High School is on unpaid administrative leave following an incident where a mother complained on social media of racist jokes at a band banquet.
Chambers County Superintendent Kelli Hodge called the incident unfortunate and said the school district "doesn't condone this kind of behavior in any shape or form."
"We dealt with it immediately when we found out," Hodge said.
Band Parent Tanya Hernandez addressed the incident in a May 16 Facebook post which dealt with an awards ceremony at Valley High School.
"Of course, I am personally... read more
- 20:39 More than a meal: Corner in downtown Phoenix turns into place of...
- 19:28 Barton to go mum over disclosed photo, citing probe
- 19:28 Republican push tax plan hard, but voters seem uninterested
- 19:28 AP source: Flynn lawyers make a break with Trump team
- 18:34 Detroit Lions look like fried turkeys against Minnesota Vikings
- 18:34 Bruce Pearl still refusing to interview with Auburn officials and...
- 18:34 University of Louisville is considering doing away with the...
- 17:43 Thanksgiving Day temperature climbs to 87 degrees, tying all-time...
- 17:14 Coyotes will be without goalie Antti Raanta for at least the next...
- 16:27 Civilian Phoenix police assistants to start handling some patrol calls