Band director on leave following 'salsa' award incident
The band director of Valley High School is on unpaid administrative leave following an incident where a mother complained on social media of racist jokes at a band banquet.
Chambers County Superintendent Kelli Hodge called the incident unfortunate and said the school district "doesn't condone this kind of behavior in any shape or form."
"We dealt with it immediately when we found out," Hodge said.
Band Parent Tanya Hernandez addressed the incident in a May 16 Facebook post which dealt with an awards ceremony at Valley High School.
"Of course, I am personally... read more
- 10:32 The Latest: Corker wants end to Trump broadsides vs Sessions
- 10:28 The Latest: Parents concede baby Charlie dying in hospice
- 10:28 Judge set to decide on where Charlie Gard's spends last days
- 10:25 AMBER Alert issued for 1-month-old Yuma boy
- 10:18 Trump to bar transgender individuals from armed forces
- 10:04 50 students start down grueling path in Mayo Med School's inaugural...
- 09:45 Arizona Supreme Court lets ruling stand that protects Republic...
- 09:41 Trump to bar transgender individuals from armed forces.
- 08:34 The Latest: Trump blasts Murkowski on health care vote
- 08:23 Britain to ban sale of new diesel, gasoline cars by 2040