Band director on leave following 'salsa' award incident
The band director of Valley High School is on unpaid administrative leave following an incident where a mother complained on social media of racist jokes at a band banquet.
Chambers County Superintendent Kelli Hodge called the incident unfortunate and said the school district "doesn't condone this kind of behavior in any shape or form."
"We dealt with it immediately when we found out," Hodge said.
Band Parent Tanya Hernandez addressed the incident in a May 16 Facebook post which dealt with an awards ceremony at Valley High School.
"Of course, I am personally... read more
- 12:10 2 kids, 2 adults injured in Phoenix crash
- 09:08 'Camino Island': Grisham's tasty thriller about a literary heist
- 09:05 Fact Check: Has Education Department spent more than $4M on travel,...
- 08:33 Minority advocates say Trump's budget will hurt their causes
- 08:11 10 hot books you won't want to miss this summer
- 06:11 Books: New and noteworthy
- 05:59 Hatchback cars stage a comeback
- 05:57 India reports its first 3 cases of the Zika virus
- 03:16 AP source: Kushner sought secret communications with Russia
- 03:16 Back home after foreign trip, Trump faces slew of challenges