Band director on leave following 'salsa' award incident
The band director of Valley High School is on unpaid administrative leave following an incident where a mother complained on social media of racist jokes at a band banquet.
Chambers County Superintendent Kelli Hodge called the incident unfortunate and said the school district "doesn't condone this kind of behavior in any shape or form."
"We dealt with it immediately when we found out," Hodge said.
Band Parent Tanya Hernandez addressed the incident in a May 16 Facebook post which dealt with an awards ceremony at Valley High School.
"Of course, I am personally... read more
- 04:30 Koch network success in Trump era draws Democratic pushback
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...