Band director on leave following 'salsa' award incident
The band director of Valley High School is on unpaid administrative leave following an incident where a mother complained on social media of racist jokes at a band banquet.
Chambers County Superintendent Kelli Hodge called the incident unfortunate and said the school district "doesn't condone this kind of behavior in any shape or form."
"We dealt with it immediately when we found out," Hodge said.
Band Parent Tanya Hernandez addressed the incident in a May 16 Facebook post which dealt with an awards ceremony at Valley High School.
"Of course, I am personally... read more
- 18:02 Arizona Wildcats release mens basketball schedule for 2017-18
- 17:58 John Kelly photographed with his head in hands during Trump speech,...
- 17:45 Brophy Prep's Jaxson Baker commits to Central Arkansas for basketball
- 17:18 Amazon rejects Tucson's gift of a 21-foot saguaro cactus
- 17:12 Moore: Don't look now, but Arizona Diamondbacks could be on another...
- 16:58 Winners and losers in GOP's last-ditch health overhaul
- 16:43 Fatal stabbing closes Thomas Road east of I-17 in Phoenix
- 15:54 Appeals court blocks San Francisco warning law for soda ads
- 15:00 FDA OKs Glaxo's inhaler, first one to combine 3 medicines
- 14:45 Ahwatukee icon moves as church makes way for South Mountain Freeway