Bangladesh indicts former Prime Minister Zia
DHAKA, Bangladesh A court in Bangladesh's capital has indicted a former prime minister and leading opposition figure in two related cases involving charges of corruption for allegedly using an illegal fund to buy land for a charity named after her late husband.
Judge Basudeb Roy accepted the charges against Khaleda Zia, who was present in the court on Wednesday.
Defense lawyer Khandker Mahbub Uddin said the charges that Zia had illegally collected more than $1 million in donations for the charity named after late President Ziaur Rahman were not true.
Zia says she is innocent and the charges... read more
- 17:51 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 16:00 What happens to Mueller probe if Rosenstein loses his job?
- 15:21 Trump riding in sleeker version of 'Beast' presidential limo
- 13:15 Harris County to begin work on new floodplain maps
- 12:51 Trump takes aim at Iran in UN speech
- 12:51 Cody Wilson, 3-D printer gun activist, steps down from company...
- 11:45 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 11:19 Solid gold