Bank of Canada seeks woman for new bill
Canada's national bank is asking the public to help it find a woman of note to highlight on a new bill to be made of polymer.
The Bank of Canada said on its website Tuesday that it is issuing the call in following with the announcement from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Finance Minister Bill Morneau that a new bank note would be issued in 2018 that will feature an "iconic Canadian woman." The call for nominations will take place until April 15, according to the bank. The announcements were made in honor of Tuesday's observance of International Women's Day.
"The Bank of... read more
- 10:55 Houston reaches $40M settlement with pension actuarial firm
- 10:36 Arizona's best high school track programs: Chandler making mark
- 09:34 The Latest: Trump 'considering' veto of budget bill
- 08:46 Afghan army faulted for sloppiness with blood-type testing
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...