Bank of Canada seeks woman for new bill
Canada's national bank is asking the public to help it find a woman of note to highlight on a new bill to be made of polymer.
The Bank of Canada said on its website Tuesday that it is issuing the call in following with the announcement from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Finance Minister Bill Morneau that a new bank note would be issued in 2018 that will feature an "iconic Canadian woman." The call for nominations will take place until April 15, according to the bank. The announcements were made in honor of Tuesday's observance of International Women's Day.
"The Bank of... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler