Bankruptcy judge says he’s preparing to rule on American Airlines retiree issue
U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Sean Lane told American Airlines attorneys Tuesday that he expects to rule soon on whether the airline can modify retiree health and life insurance benefits.
Retirees, who face losing American’s help on paying insurance premiums, have been waiting for the judge to rule since Lane held a hearing Jan. 23, 2013 — nearly 14 months ago. American first asked for a ruling in July 2012.
At a hearing Tuesday in Lane’s New York courtroom, the judge told lawyers he has a draft order about ready to go and would expect to issue it in a couple of weeks, representatives for American... read more
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'
- 14:53 Grand Canyon coach Dan Majerle names Louis Wilson as assistant