Barriers removed from area that had housed Roosevelt Row homeless camp
CLOSE A Roosevelt Row homeless camp clears out after being told they were violating a Phoenix ordinance against urban camping.
Barricades were removed Friday from a triangular patch of concrete beneath a downtown Phoenix art sculpture that had turned into a homeless encampment in December.
The area, newly-posted with signs that declare sleeping there illegal, had been sealed off for nearly a month.
The barricades were first put up in early January. The removal Friday coincided with the February First Friday event, an evening art walk that draws thousands to the Roosevelt Row area.
READ... read more
- 02:49 Phoenix police seek the public's help finding missing 74-year-old...
- 02:08 Trent Hudgens sends Moon Valley past Cactus Shadows to 4A semifinals
- 00:58 Texas Rangers seek to turn talent into title contention
- 00:51 'We're not alone in the universe': Man at Scottsdale UFO conference...
- 23:58 Trump criticizes FBI over handling of shooting suspect tip
- 23:31 'We're not sure if there's a possibility of a better future for...
- 23:08 Shadow Mountain rolls into 4A semifinals with relentless defense
- 22:28 Oakland Athletics, slugger Khris Davis, primed for a step up
- 22:09 Devin Booker sets NBA 3-point contest record with 28 points in win
- 22:07 After massive Mexico earthquake, fatal helicopter crash, Phoenix...