Barriers removed from area that had housed Roosevelt Row homeless camp
CLOSE A Roosevelt Row homeless camp clears out after being told they were violating a Phoenix ordinance against urban camping.
Barricades were removed Friday from a triangular patch of concrete beneath a downtown Phoenix art sculpture that had turned into a homeless encampment in December.
The area, newly-posted with signs that declare sleeping there illegal, had been sealed off for nearly a month.
The barricades were first put up in early January. The removal Friday coincided with the February First Friday event, an evening art walk that draws thousands to the Roosevelt Row area.
READ... read more
- 18:05 Is there a backdoor to getting at Donald Trump's tax return?
- 18:05 Texas Congressman says Bible is against amnesty for undocumented...
- 16:51 Military veterans divided over Trump's Russia comments
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
- 14:07 Lupe Valdez nixes Greg Abbottâs debate offer, tells him: âStop...
- 13:00 'We will be equally culpable': Texas Republican calls for Trump's...
- 12:49 Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas fined $6,000 for 2014 campaign...