Before Trump's address, Americans assessed the state of the union
Before President Donald Trump gives his first State of the Union address Tuesday night, let's see how thousands of Americans view the state of the country. Here's what they told pollsters in surveys this month.
Positive views steady ... About 44 percent of Americans gave a positive rating for the state of the country, Gallup found. That number has stayed in a similar range since 2009 or so.
... but divided by party: What has changed is who has a positive view. In January 2016, with a Democrat in the White House and the GOP presidential field in turmoil, nearly 60 percent of Democrats and... read more
- 08:41 Her family saved for Disneyland. Then a Phoenix rental-car company...
- 08:34 Needle exchanges are on the rise across U.S. In Arizona, they're...
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...