Before Trump's address, Americans assessed the state of the union
Before President Donald Trump gives his first State of the Union address Tuesday night, let's see how thousands of Americans view the state of the country. Here's what they told pollsters in surveys this month.
Positive views steady ... About 44 percent of Americans gave a positive rating for the state of the country, Gallup found. That number has stayed in a similar range since 2009 or so.
... but divided by party: What has changed is who has a positive view. In January 2016, with a Democrat in the White House and the GOP presidential field in turmoil, nearly 60 percent of Democrats and... read more
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case
- 13:14 Almost half of Fox News viewers think immigrants aren't part of...