Behavioral-health facility makes third attempt to build in Gilbert
A behavioral-health center twice rejected in Gilbert is trying again.
Kentucky-based Springstone proposes to open Copper Springs East near other medical facilities, including Mercy Gilbert Hospital.
In 2013, residents twice defeated the proposed facility, saying it would be too close to neighborhoods and an elementary school.
A year later, Gilbert commissioned a report on the availability of social services in the town, which showed a need for programs that the facility would've provided, such as counseling for substance abuse and treating anxiety and depression.
The company opted to open... read more
- 08:41 Cool Home: Scottsdale interior decorator lets her whimsy run wild
- 08:39 5 iconic Phoenix holiday events
- 08:39 Building a different kind of wall on the border to revive a dying land
- 07:19 Trump presents his report card, passes with flying colors
- 00:26 Auto show zooms into Phoenix with latest tech twists
- 00:12 'The State of Aging': Latinos keep aging relatives out of nursing...
- 23:55 Devin Booker his unreal shot at buzzer to send Suns into OT against...
- 23:54 Nashville Predators 3, Montreal Canadiens 2: 3 things we learned
- 22:39 Arizona Lottery game glitch produces duplicated results again
- 21:54 Group supporting Moore uses Trump comments for fundraiser