Behavioral-health facility makes third attempt to build in Gilbert
A behavioral-health center twice rejected in Gilbert is trying again.
Kentucky-based Springstone proposes to open Copper Springs East near other medical facilities, including Mercy Gilbert Hospital.
In 2013, residents twice defeated the proposed facility, saying it would be too close to neighborhoods and an elementary school.
A year later, Gilbert commissioned a report on the availability of social services in the town, which showed a need for programs that the facility would've provided, such as counseling for substance abuse and treating anxiety and depression.
The company opted to open... read more
- 10:23 Scottsdale UFO conference: 'We're not alone in the universe'
- 10:23 Scottsdale man fatally shot in his driveway after checking noise,...
- 10:23 Luxury homes: $3.1M Paradise Valley mansion has wine cellar, theater
- 10:23 Cities battle at Arizona Capitol for right to regulate home-based...
- 10:23 Lawmaker: Lack of regulation for Arizona tattoo industry is ‘shocking’
- 10:22 New poll: Abbott, Patrick far ahead on GOP primary race
- 10:01 Bracketology: March Madness NCAA Tournament projections for ASU,...
- 09:55 The Latest: Trump supports improving gun background checks
- 09:24 Winter Olympics: Sam McGuffie seems to have his athletic future...
- 09:11 Kwok: Chandler Hamilton hazing scandal is a lose-lose for all