Behavioral-health facility makes third attempt to build in Gilbert
A behavioral-health center twice rejected in Gilbert is trying again.
Kentucky-based Springstone proposes to open Copper Springs East near other medical facilities, including Mercy Gilbert Hospital.
In 2013, residents twice defeated the proposed facility, saying it would be too close to neighborhoods and an elementary school.
A year later, Gilbert commissioned a report on the availability of social services in the town, which showed a need for programs that the facility would've provided, such as counseling for substance abuse and treating anxiety and depression.
The company opted to open... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House