Behavioral-health facility makes third attempt to build in Gilbert
A behavioral-health center twice rejected in Gilbert is trying again.
Kentucky-based Springstone proposes to open Copper Springs East near other medical facilities, including Mercy Gilbert Hospital.
In 2013, residents twice defeated the proposed facility, saying it would be too close to neighborhoods and an elementary school.
A year later, Gilbert commissioned a report on the availability of social services in the town, which showed a need for programs that the facility would've provided, such as counseling for substance abuse and treating anxiety and depression.
The company opted to open... read more
- 00:27 Trump defiant despite rising outrage over border separations
- 00:27 In tit-for-tat, Trump threatens more tariffs against China
- 00:15 Origins of family separation issue stretch back many years
- 20:10 What life inside Japanese internment camps was like
- 19:33 All 5 first ladies speak out on family separations at border
- 19:11 Judge: Kansas cannot require proof of citizenship to vote
- 18:45 Ted Cruz introducing legislation to keep migrant families together
- 15:28 Records: Trump Tower failed to follow fish protection rules
- 14:50 Trump official denies separating families. O'Rourke fires back:...
- 10:35 SJC rejects putting 'millionaire tax' on ballot