Being overweight ages your brain by 10 years
Extra fat may make your brain shrivel: People who are overweight show more age-related decline in their brains than lean people do, a new study published in Neurobiology of Aging suggests.
After analyzing imaging from 527 adults, the researchers discovered overweight people—those with a body mass index (BMI) over 25—had lower volumes of white matter in their brains than people with a BMI of under 25 did.
White matter is the tissue that connects different areas of your brain with each other and allows for communication between your neural regions. It helps you with everything from memory to... read more
- 02:28 Brewers' broadcaster Bob Uecker survives venomous spider bite,...
- 00:30 Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- 00:30 GOP senators criticize Trump for congratulating Putin on win
- 00:30 Tariffs on steel, aluminum set off scramble for exemptions
- 23:27 Hamilton baseball walks off to complete rally over Desert Vista
- 23:18 Detroit Red Wings stop losing skid, top Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in SO
- 21:35 Brazil to vaccinate entire country against yellow fever
- 20:45 Lupe Valdez touts Dan Patrick in fundraising for Dem gubernatorial...
- 19:57 Hospital cited over woman left in cold in hospital gown
- 19:56 Chandler Rotary track meet to showcase record 3,800 athletes