Belgian region rejects deadline to sign up to EU-Canada deal
BRUSSELS – The head of Belgium's small Wallonia region is rejecting a Friday deadline to sign up to a huge trade deal between the EU and Canada, demanding a full renegotiation that could bring the whole trans-Atlantic agreement down.
Wallonia President Paul Magnette said Wednesday that "we cannot sign by Friday," when a two-day summit of EU government leaders is to end. It was set as a target day to get the last of the 28 EU nations on board.
Belgium can only back the deal if its regions, including Wallonia, approve it. Without unanimity among EU nations, the deal will collapse.... read more
- 16:01 Arizona's NBA players: James Harden continues to shine for Houston...
- 15:36 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes take on Sabres in Buffalo
- 15:26 Conservative Utah lets women get birth control from pharmacy
- 13:58 Diamondbacks uniforms: What Arizona is wearing in 2018 MLB season
- 13:25 Insider: Do the Colts still have a shot at Saquon Barkley?
- 13:14 Arizona Cardinals NFL draft history: A look at the wide receivers
- 12:40 Christian Kirk: It would be 'surreal' to go to Arizona Cardinals in...
- 12:07 Houston identies $700M in priority flood control projects
- 11:29 Arizona's best high school baseball coaches: Top of the heap
- 11:11 NFL draft QB rankings: Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Baker...