Bell Tolls: This could be beginning of end for Drew Brees, Saints as contenders
It is fair to wonder where the New Orleans Saints are headed — with or without Drew Brees.
In the short term, they are headed to Carolina for what already amounts to a must-win game with their hopes pinned on the arm of journeyman backup Luke McCown.
In the long run, the Saints have the look of a team headed for more heartbreak, far from providing Brees with the support that it will take to win another championship.
While Brees, 36, recovers from an ailing rotator cuff that will cause him to miss a game due to injury for the first time in career, the Saints are contending with another type... read more
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...
- 21:10 The Latest: Judge sets Friday hearing in Stormy Daniels case
- 20:35 Tucson Roadrunners ready for franchise's 1st playoff game
- 20:23 Cardinals know price is steep if they want a top QB in NFL draft