Bentley, Legislature vie over funding for center tied to former ASU trustee
Funding for the National Center for Sports Safety cited in a report about questionable financial practices at Alabama State University last year has become another point in a graph of contention between Gov. Robert Bentley and the Legislature over the education budget.Bentley's proposed 2015 Education Trust Fund budget, submitted to the Legislature in January, eliminated funding for the center, founded by Birmingham physician and former ASU trustee Lawrence Lemak. The Senate kept the cut in place, but the House version of the budget, narrowly approved by the chamber Tuesday evening,... read more
- 09:24 New data: Americans filling far fewer opioid prescriptions
- 08:29 The Latest: US says it's maintaining pressure on North Korea
- 07:56 Is Andrew White running for Texas 'govorner'?
- 04:08 Missed chances add up as Diamondbacks fall to Giants
- 03:17 Ahead of 420, advocates and critics reflect on pot in the US
- 02:52 Estrella Foothills softball pours in 19 runs in win over Thunderbird
- 01:01 Trade issues expose the limits of Trump-Abe 'bromance'
- 00:53 Trump leaves open possibility of bailing on meeting with Kim
- 00:50 Desert Mountain baseball uses big 4th inning, errors to crush...
- 21:39 Diamondbacks' Matt Koch will get first crack at replacing Taijuan...