Berlusconi's 2-year political ban upheld on appeal
ROME Italy's highest court has upheld a two-year political ban against Silvio Berlusconi stemming from his tax fraud conviction.
The Court of Cassation ruling handed down late Tuesday is the latest setback for Berlusconi, who was kicked out of Parliament last year after the high court upheld his conviction and four-year prison sentence.
Despite the ban on holding or running for public office, Berlusconi remains a force in Italian politics, heading his Forza Italia party.
The three-time former premier won't do any jail time for the tax fraud conviction, which concerned the purchase of TV... read more
- 12:17 First campaign ads in Houston-area congressional race
- 12:17 Andrew White resigns as church elder
- 11:59 First ladies Trump, Macron tour National Gallery's Cezannes
- 11:59 Trump: North Korea wants meeting 'as soon as possible'
- 11:36 Kids with rare rapid-aging disease get hope from study drug
- 11:32 Christian Kirk, Mark Andrews, Isaiah Oliver could be Arizona's next...
- 09:32 The Latest: Trump welcomes Macron at White House
- 04:07 Dutch probe 'appalling' euthanasia of dementia patient
- 03:44 Opioid treatment gap in Medicare: methadone clinics
- 02:59 Senators considering a delay for VA confirmation hearing