Best Buy stores to feature Samsung kiosks
NEW YORK -- Shares of Best Buy jumped after it announced plans to create store-within-store kiosks for Samsung products - a vote of confidence from a consumer electronics retailer that the brick-and-mortar format is still an important way to sell products.
Best Buy shares rose nearly 12 percent in morning trading. Best Buy has battled the "showrooming" effect as more and more people browse in stores and then buy items cheaper online. This has led to fears that the big-box store format is growing obsolete.
But the Minneapolis company has aggressively fought back under new CEO... read more
- 10:50 Mattis: Administration still weighing Iran nuke deal
- 10:50 The Latest: Trump says he did stay overnight in Moscow
- 10:50 Trump says he thinks he swayed Macron's thinking on Iran
- 09:42 Trump says hostilities with North Korea improving
- 08:55 Trump 'won't be involved' in special counsel's Russia probe
- 08:02 The Latest: Official says VA nominee may withdraw
- 03:25 SideTrack: Kristina and Patrick Lyons, Laurie David, Catherine...
- 03:10 ASU baseball falls to New Mexico State, ending three-game win streak
- 02:25 Lawyer: Trump ready for role in raids' evidence review
- 01:14 Genetic sleuthing bolsters food poisoning searches