Best Buy stores to feature Samsung kiosks
NEW YORK -- Shares of Best Buy jumped after it announced plans to create store-within-store kiosks for Samsung products - a vote of confidence from a consumer electronics retailer that the brick-and-mortar format is still an important way to sell products.
Best Buy shares rose nearly 12 percent in morning trading. Best Buy has battled the "showrooming" effect as more and more people browse in stores and then buy items cheaper online. This has led to fears that the big-box store format is growing obsolete.
But the Minneapolis company has aggressively fought back under new CEO... read more
- 20:56 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen providing info in Mueller probe
- 19:01 Suburban women wrestle with Kavanaugh allegations
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it