Beto O'Rourke has raised more than $6M for race against Ted Cruz
For a candidate who is supposed to be a longshot, Beto O'Rourke sure is raising a lot of money.
The Democratic U.S. Senate hopeful announced Sunday night that he had raised $2.4 million in the last three months of 2017. That is on top of just under $4 million O'Rourke raised from March 2017 to October for his race against Republican U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz.
To put that in perspective, in 2012 Democrat Paul Sadler raised just $683,000 for the entire campaign against Cruz in his first campaign for the Senate. And in 2014, Democrat David Alameel raised less than $50,000.
O'Rourke, 45, has also... read more
- 02:49 Phoenix police seek the public's help finding missing 74-year-old...
- 02:08 Trent Hudgens sends Moon Valley past Cactus Shadows to 4A semifinals
- 00:58 Texas Rangers seek to turn talent into title contention
- 00:51 'We're not alone in the universe': Man at Scottsdale UFO conference...
- 23:58 Trump criticizes FBI over handling of shooting suspect tip
- 23:31 'We're not sure if there's a possibility of a better future for...
- 23:08 Shadow Mountain rolls into 4A semifinals with relentless defense
- 22:28 Oakland Athletics, slugger Khris Davis, primed for a step up
- 22:09 Devin Booker sets NBA 3-point contest record with 28 points in win
- 22:07 After massive Mexico earthquake, fatal helicopter crash, Phoenix...