Beto O'Rourke hauls in $10.4 million, more than double total for incumbent Sen. Ted Cruz
WASHINGTON – Texas U.S. Rep. Beto O'Rourke raised more than $10.4 million in the past three months, more than doubling the $4.59 million reported by Republican U.S. Sen Ted Cruz, a former presidential candidate who is defending his Senate seat in November.
The cash haul for the three-term Democratic congressman from El Paso laid down a marker in the Texas Senate race, which already has garnered national attention as a David and Goliath contest in the deep red Lone Star State.
O'Rourke, a rare challenger outraising an established incumbent, also enjoys a substantial cash advantage over Cruz,... read more
- 16:17 After Harvey, FEMA says it will do better in 2018 hurricane season
- 15:10 Trump-Kim statement overpromised on return of war remains
- 14:41 Beto OâRourke vs Ted Cruz is the most expensive U.S. Senate race...
- 14:41 Trump's diagnosis for critics: 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'
- 14:07 Lupe Valdez nixes Greg Abbottâs debate offer, tells him: âStop...
- 13:00 'We will be equally culpable': Texas Republican calls for Trump's...
- 12:49 Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas fined $6,000 for 2014 campaign...
- 12:41 Body of Secret Service agent returning to US from Europe
- 11:42 Trump: New Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'