Beto O'Rourke plans big Houston area push this weekend
Armed with a new poll showing he's closing in on U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, Democrat Beto O'Rourke is planning a two-day campaign binge in Houston area this weekend to build momentum for his U.S. Senate campaign.
On Saturday O'Rourke joins U.S. Sen. Chuck Schumer at a private fundraiser in Houston at 10 a.m., then goes to a climate forum on Saturday at 1 p.m. and a Missouri City town hall at 3 p.m.
On Sunday, O'Rourke will start a day-long live streaming beginning with a morning run in Memorial Park. The day will include at least three town hall meetings, a live "Bands for Beto" concert... read more
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law
- 16:06 Something to brag about? ASU beat five teams contending for a...
- 15:52 Jets emerging as 'serious' contender to sign Ndamukong Suh, per report
- 15:41 Rochester Amerks 'humble' legend Dick Gamble dies
- 15:21 Arizona Cardinals NFL draft history: A look at the defensive backs
- 14:55 NFL players: Study to detect CTE markers in the living needs you
- 14:52 First lady recognizes 10 women with global courage awards