Beto OâRourke trails Sen. Ted Cruz by just two points, Lyceum poll finds
AUSTIN — Democratic challenger Beto O’Rourke continues to nip closely at the heels of incumbent Republican U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz in a new poll that tags the top-of-the-ticket race as a virtual tie.
The Texas Lyceum Poll released Wednesday shows Cruz at 41 percent and O’Rourke at 39 percent among likely voters, with Cruz leading 36-to-34 percent among registered voters. Twenty-seven percent of those polled were undecided, and 3 percent said they supported Libertarian Neil Dikeman.
The overall margin of error for the poll is 2.8 percent.
The poll attributes the closeness of the race to... read more
- 18:46 US newsrooms to Trump: We're not enemies of the people
- 18:08 After Brennan, 9 others face losing security clearances, too
- 15:30 White House says it values diversity, won't disclose numbers
- 15:03 Trump makes good on threat to revoke Brennan's clearance
- 14:00 DNC chair, Ellison discuss abuse allegations after primary
- 11:49 US sanctions shipping firms over North Korea trade
- 11:03 Ex-Trump campaign manager says Bloomberg is 2020 threat
- 11:03 The Latest: Prosecutors say greed, deception drove Manafort
- 09:07 White House admits error for false claim on black employment
- 07:26 City accused of using misleading ballot language for ReBuild...