Better-educated women more likely to become problem drinkers than their lesser-educated peers: study
Is a college degree a risk factor for becoming a problem drinker? If you’re a woman, the answer might be yes. Better educated women are nearly twice as likely to drink daily, and they also are more likely than less educated women to say they’ve got an alcohol problem, according to new research reported in the Daily Telegraph.
The connection exists for men, too, but it’s not as strong.
Researchers at the London School of Economics studied thousands of 39-year-olds who’d been born in 1970 in the UK.
“The more educated women are, the more likely they are to drink alcohol on most days and to... read more
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'
- 14:53 Grand Canyon coach Dan Majerle names Louis Wilson as assistant
- 14:25 Louisville offers 7 Saguaro football players scholarships on same day
- 14:17 AP Interview: Iran says if US exits deal, it likely will too