Bickley: Arizona basketball scandal a symptom of a broken college basketball system
Black markets flourish when the system is broken. That's the story of college basketball, a sordid tale now threatening the viability of a treasured American spectacle.
How can we believe in the majesty of March Madness when the entire tournament might be vacated in the near future? And if the tentacles of corruption have compromised the best programs in college basketball, how can the sport even stage its beloved NCAA Tournament in a few weeks?
Welcome to a hardwood nightmare. The city of Tucson is already reeling, where Sean Miller was caught on wiretap discussing a $100,000 payment for... read more
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...
- 19:30 The Latest: Trump opens rally amid 2 associates' legal woes
- 18:56 How the case of former Trump fixer Michael Cohen went down
- 18:11 Silent on Cohen, Trump says Manafort conviction 'a disgrace'
- 17:45 Memes abound following news of guilty verdicts for Paul Manafort,...
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...