Bickley: Arizona basketball scandal a symptom of a broken college basketball system
Black markets flourish when the system is broken. That's the story of college basketball, a sordid tale now threatening the viability of a treasured American spectacle.
How can we believe in the majesty of March Madness when the entire tournament might be vacated in the near future? And if the tentacles of corruption have compromised the best programs in college basketball, how can the sport even stage its beloved NCAA Tournament in a few weeks?
Welcome to a hardwood nightmare. The city of Tucson is already reeling, where Sean Miller was caught on wiretap discussing a $100,000 payment for... read more
- 10:36 Arizona's best high school track programs: Chandler making mark
- 09:34 The Latest: Trump 'considering' veto of budget bill
- 08:46 Afghan army faulted for sloppiness with blood-type testing
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions