Bickley: Grand Canyon basketball rise puts Arizona State on notice
Skip in SkipxEmbed
Louisville coach Rick Pitino calls GCU's DeWayne Russell's 42 points the best guard performance in at least 10 years. (Richard Obert/azcentral sports)
College basketball programs are hard to build and tougher to sustain. The challenge is even more difficult in the Valley, a market saturated with teams and options, where a towering powerhouse thrives 110 miles down the road.
Grand Canyon University is changing all of that. And the uprising of the Antelopes should have Arizona State's basketball team very concerned.
This is no longer a speculative bet based on the... read more
- 22:55 Report: Mike Budenholzer withdraws name from Suns' consideration
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance
- 20:49 Diamondbacks catcher Alex Avila is off to a rough start at the plate
- 20:24 Arizona Cardinals limiting Sam Bradford now in hopes of a healthier...
- 18:32 ASU football podcast: Reviewing the first spring under coach Herm...
- 18:28 No. 8 ASU softball hosts No. 13 Arizona looking to solidify NCAA...
- 18:20 2004 fraud case causes sparks in GOP party leader's race
- 17:50 Texasâ ârevenge pornâ law struck down by state appeals court
- 17:42 Rudy Giuliani to join Trump legal team in Russia probe