Bickley: Waste Management Phoenix Open's 16th hole remains golf's biggest draw
The longest walk in golf is 25 steps. It's an uphill trek through a dark corridor. The light at the end of the tunnel is only the beginning of your troubles.
Welcome to the 16th hole of the Waste Management Phoenix Open, where competitors feel like gladiators emerging from the basement of the Roman Colosseum. The scene has become one of the most electric gatherings in professional sports.
It never gets stale, it never stays sober and it never disappoints. And after a massive crowd of 216,818 packed the TPC Scottsdale on Saturday, you wonder if the future of this golf course transcends the... read more
- 08:11 Digital billboards that run ads in schools spark controversy in...
- 07:59 UNICEF says Pakistan is riskiest country for newborns
- 07:26 Turner to announce new public safety and homeland security chief...
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida