Biggest Arizona budget ever? By some measures, Ducey's proposal isn't even close
CLOSE Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey's 2019 budget includes more money for schools and teachers, which everyone agrees we need. The open question: Is it enough?
On paper, Gov. Doug Ducey's proposed $10.1 billion budget for the 2019 fiscal year would, if approved by lawmakers, be the largest in state history.
But by some measures, it's not even close to being the biggest.
After adjusting for inflation, for example, Ducey's proposal would rank 31st in per-resident spending, making it the fourth straight year state government has spent less by that measure, according to an Arizona Republic analysis.... read more
- 08:41 Her family saved for Disneyland. Then a Phoenix rental-car company...
- 08:34 Needle exchanges are on the rise across U.S. In Arizona, they're...
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...