Biggest Arizona budget ever? By some measures, Ducey's proposal isn't even close
CLOSE Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey's 2019 budget includes more money for schools and teachers, which everyone agrees we need. The open question: Is it enough?
On paper, Gov. Doug Ducey's proposed $10.1 billion budget for the 2019 fiscal year would, if approved by lawmakers, be the largest in state history.
But by some measures, it's not even close to being the biggest.
After adjusting for inflation, for example, Ducey's proposal would rank 31st in per-resident spending, making it the fourth straight year state government has spent less by that measure, according to an Arizona Republic analysis.... read more
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case
- 13:14 Almost half of Fox News viewers think immigrants aren't part of...