'Biggest challenge, biggest opportunity': DCS aims to keep more kids at home
CLOSE Through a revised Department of Child Safety policy, Breanna Donaldson, a recovering heroin addict, gets to keep her baby at home. David Wallace/The Republic
The baby was born meth-exposed. The mother's urine test came back positive for meth and opioids. And the father admitted he drinks beer daily and uses marijuana occasionally.
Is this enough evidence for the state to take custody of the child?
Maybe at one point in the history of the Department of Child Safety. But not necessarily now.
The state's child-welfare agency has revamped its training — officials call it a... read more
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez
- 18:06 Police: Third Arizona student arrested in 2 days after bringing gun...
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border
- 16:45 Officials: Man shot by Mesa police has died