'Biggest challenge, biggest opportunity': DCS aims to keep more kids at home
CLOSE Through a revised Department of Child Safety policy, Breanna Donaldson, a recovering heroin addict, gets to keep her baby at home. David Wallace/The Republic
The baby was born meth-exposed. The mother's urine test came back positive for meth and opioids. And the father admitted he drinks beer daily and uses marijuana occasionally.
Is this enough evidence for the state to take custody of the child?
Maybe at one point in the history of the Department of Child Safety. But not necessarily now.
The state's child-welfare agency has revamped its training — officials call it a... read more
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...