Birmingham police searching for 14-year-old girl who took 4-month-old niece
A search is underway after a Birmingham teen is accused of kidnapping her infant niece.
The incident happened about 3 a.m. at 2439 9th Court South, said Birmingham police spokesman Lt. Sean Edwards. Alexis Breeding, 14, went to her sister's home and took 4-month-old Ja'Kayla.
The baby's mother told police that her 12-year-old sister heard a knock at the door and let Alexis into the home. The 12-year-old didn't know Alexis was in DHR custody and was not supposed to be there.
Alexis is about 5-feet, 4-inches tall and weighs 120 pounds. She is a black female with black hair and brown eyes. The... read more
- 18:23 Arizona Wildcats coach Sean Miller open to playing Grand Canyon...
- 18:23 Arizona Cardinals kicker Phil Dawson is ready for his latest challenge
- 18:16 Trump donation first-quarter salary to education
- 17:29 Despite city protests, Texas Senate OKs new annexation limits
- 17:18 ASU police employees may have to pay school's legal fees after...
- 17:04 Former Tempe police chief files suit against city
- 17:00 Texas records first locally transmitted Zika case of the year
- 16:36 Rich Rodriguez: My-King Johnson's sexual orientation should 'not be...
- 16:30 Arizona basketball's Sean Miller preparing for Las Vegas, Spain
- 16:25 Eagles release Marcus Smith, Barbre; name Seumalo starter