Birmingham police searching for 14-year-old girl who took 4-month-old niece
A search is underway after a Birmingham teen is accused of kidnapping her infant niece.
The incident happened about 3 a.m. at 2439 9th Court South, said Birmingham police spokesman Lt. Sean Edwards. Alexis Breeding, 14, went to her sister's home and took 4-month-old Ja'Kayla.
The baby's mother told police that her 12-year-old sister heard a knock at the door and let Alexis into the home. The 12-year-old didn't know Alexis was in DHR custody and was not supposed to be there.
Alexis is about 5-feet, 4-inches tall and weighs 120 pounds. She is a black female with black hair and brown eyes. The... read more
- 01:33 Democrats release memo rebutting GOP on Russia probe
- 01:11 Westbound Loop 202 re-opens at Cooper Road after Chandler crash
- 23:51 Crash closes westbound Loop 202 in Mesa, no estimated time of...
- 23:38 2 people critically injured after horse-drawn stagecoach hits...
- 23:30 St. Michael girls basketball repeats as 1A state champions
- 23:30 Tucson Gregory School boys basketball team wins 1A title
- 23:17 Union members, supporters rally in Phoenix for Working People's Day...
- 22:54 White House shelves tentative plan for Mexican leader visit
- 22:26 Trump says he's eyeing Veterans' Day for military parade
- 22:05 Rachel DeLago making history as an NHRA general manager