Birmingham's downtown MAX central station, transit cafe opening soon
MAX buses could be rolling from its new downtown Birmingham central station in a matter of weeks.
Earlier this month, Birmingham-Jefferson County Transit Authority set a grand opening celebration for May 20 and start of operations on May 22.
Thoses dates were postponed earlier this week "due to unforeseen circumstances," BJCTA spokesperson Ronda Robinson said.
The three-block Birmingham Intermodal Facility is located along Morris Avenue between 17th and 19th streets. A nearly 300 space parking lot for travelers is located between 16th and 17th streets.
Construction on the $32... read more
- 18:02 Arizona Wildcats release mens basketball schedule for 2017-18
- 17:58 John Kelly photographed with his head in hands during Trump speech,...
- 17:45 Brophy Prep's Jaxson Baker commits to Central Arkansas for basketball
- 17:31 ASU student invites thousands to 'scream like Goku' at Taco Bell...
- 17:18 Amazon rejects Tucson's gift of a 21-foot saguaro cactus
- 17:12 Moore: Don't look now, but Arizona Diamondbacks could be on another...
- 16:58 Winners and losers in GOP's last-ditch health overhaul
- 16:43 Fatal stabbing closes Thomas Road east of I-17 in Phoenix
- 15:54 Appeals court blocks San Francisco warning law for soda ads
- 15:00 FDA OKs Glaxo's inhaler, first one to combine 3 medicines