Birmingham's downtown MAX central station, transit cafe opening soon
MAX buses could be rolling from its new downtown Birmingham central station in a matter of weeks.
Earlier this month, Birmingham-Jefferson County Transit Authority set a grand opening celebration for May 20 and start of operations on May 22.
Thoses dates were postponed earlier this week "due to unforeseen circumstances," BJCTA spokesperson Ronda Robinson said.
The three-block Birmingham Intermodal Facility is located along Morris Avenue between 17th and 19th streets. A nearly 300 space parking lot for travelers is located between 16th and 17th streets.
Construction on the $32... read more
- 20:39 More than a meal: Corner in downtown Phoenix turns into place of...
- 19:28 Barton to go mum over disclosed photo, citing probe
- 19:28 Republican push tax plan hard, but voters seem uninterested
- 19:28 AP source: Flynn lawyers make a break with Trump team
- 18:34 Detroit Lions look like fried turkeys against Minnesota Vikings
- 18:34 Bruce Pearl still refusing to interview with Auburn officials and...
- 18:34 University of Louisville is considering doing away with the...
- 17:43 Thanksgiving Day temperature climbs to 87 degrees, tying all-time...
- 17:14 Coyotes will be without goalie Antti Raanta for at least the next...
- 16:27 Civilian Phoenix police assistants to start handling some patrol calls