Birmingham's downtown MAX central station, transit cafe opening soon
MAX buses could be rolling from its new downtown Birmingham central station in a matter of weeks.
Earlier this month, Birmingham-Jefferson County Transit Authority set a grand opening celebration for May 20 and start of operations on May 22.
Thoses dates were postponed earlier this week "due to unforeseen circumstances," BJCTA spokesperson Ronda Robinson said.
The three-block Birmingham Intermodal Facility is located along Morris Avenue between 17th and 19th streets. A nearly 300 space parking lot for travelers is located between 16th and 17th streets.
Construction on the $32... read more
- 01:33 Democrats release memo rebutting GOP on Russia probe
- 01:11 Westbound Loop 202 re-opens at Cooper Road after Chandler crash
- 23:51 Crash closes westbound Loop 202 in Mesa, no estimated time of...
- 23:38 2 people critically injured after horse-drawn stagecoach hits...
- 23:30 St. Michael girls basketball repeats as 1A state champions
- 23:30 Tucson Gregory School boys basketball team wins 1A title
- 23:17 Union members, supporters rally in Phoenix for Working People's Day...
- 22:54 White House shelves tentative plan for Mexican leader visit
- 22:26 Trump says he's eyeing Veterans' Day for military parade
- 22:05 Rachel DeLago making history as an NHRA general manager