Birmingham's downtown MAX central station, transit cafe opening soon
MAX buses could be rolling from its new downtown Birmingham central station in a matter of weeks.
Earlier this month, Birmingham-Jefferson County Transit Authority set a grand opening celebration for May 20 and start of operations on May 22.
Thoses dates were postponed earlier this week "due to unforeseen circumstances," BJCTA spokesperson Ronda Robinson said.
The three-block Birmingham Intermodal Facility is located along Morris Avenue between 17th and 19th streets. A nearly 300 space parking lot for travelers is located between 16th and 17th streets.
Construction on the $32... read more
- 10:28 The Latest: Parents concede baby Charlie dying in hospice
- 10:28 Judge set to decide on where Charlie Gard's spends last days
- 10:25 AMBER Alert issued for 1-month-old Yuma boy
- 10:18 Trump to bar transgender individuals from armed forces
- 10:04 50 students start down grueling path in Mayo Med School's inaugural...
- 09:45 Arizona Supreme Court lets ruling stand that protects Republic...
- 09:41 Trump to bar transgender individuals from armed forces.
- 08:34 The Latest: Trump blasts Murkowski on health care vote
- 08:23 Britain to ban sale of new diesel, gasoline cars by 2040
- 08:00 Lower global tax rate boosts Ford in second quarter