Birmingham's downtown MAX central station, transit cafe opening soon
MAX buses could be rolling from its new downtown Birmingham central station in a matter of weeks.
Earlier this month, Birmingham-Jefferson County Transit Authority set a grand opening celebration for May 20 and start of operations on May 22.
Thoses dates were postponed earlier this week "due to unforeseen circumstances," BJCTA spokesperson Ronda Robinson said.
The three-block Birmingham Intermodal Facility is located along Morris Avenue between 17th and 19th streets. A nearly 300 space parking lot for travelers is located between 16th and 17th streets.
Construction on the $32... read more
- 18:51 Glendale police: Man in 2 sexual assaults posed as police officer
- 18:40 Young Republicans: Moore victory 'will not be a win for our party'
- 18:33 Gila County official charged in Minnesota with child abuse shortly...
- 18:12 Scooter Molander steps down as Brophy Prep football coach
- 18:09 Arizona Cardinals release running back Andre Ellington
- 18:03 Republic of Texas map back in official hands, after 173 years
- 17:19 So close: St. Mary's Food Bank just 1,500 turkeys away from...
- 17:18 Arizona high school boys basketball Super 10 rankings: Preseason
- 17:04 Arizona high school girls basketball Super 10 rankings: Preseason
- 16:54 Melania Trump takes custody of White House Christmas tree