Birmingham Water Works implements drought surcharge for excess water use
The Birmingham Water Works announced Wednesday it will implement stage three of its drought management plan, which includes a surcharge of 200 percent for residential and other customers for excess water use.
The surcharges will go into effect on Nov. 19, 30 days after they were announced, in accordance with the utility's drought plan.
In a news release issued Wednesday, the Water Works said residential customers who use more than 8,977 gallons per month will be subject to a surcharge for any water used above that amount. The surcharge is separate and in addition to the regular water... read more
- 00:41 Democrats gather to confront lingering 2016 frustration
- 00:41 His former associates in court, Trump focuses on 'winning'
- 00:41 Ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort guilty on 8 charges
- 00:41 Inside catch and kill: Cohen, a porn star and 'Individual 1'
- 00:41 In courtroom, Manafort stood frozen as 8 guilty counts read
- 00:41 Timeline: From 'nothing to see here' to Cohen's guilty pleas
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...