Birmingham woman charged in shooting of brother's ex-girlfriend
An Ensley woman is behind bars in connection with the shooting of another woman last month.
Evita Lashawn Henderson, 33, is charged with attempted murder. She was booked into the Jefferson County Jail at 10:04 a.m. Monday. Her bond is set at $40,000.
The shooting happened Feb. 24 in the 200 block of 27th Street. Police at the time said the 49-year-old victim, whose name has not been released, was shot by her ex-boyfriend's sister.
The suspect - later identified as Henderson - fled the scene in a white Ford Tahoe.
Court records show Henderson is already awaiting trial on charges of... read more
- 02:34 Trump steps to forefront of anti-abortion movement
- 01:56 $5,000 reward offered for return of French bulldog puppies stolen...
- 01:56 3 women arrested soon after Avondale serial killing are accused of...
- 01:53 Kings can't handle Penguins, and suffer their fifth straight loss...
- 01:51 Year-old 'resistance' now sets sights on the ballot box
- 01:51 Pence has long pushed for Trump policies on Israel
- 01:33 China's birthrate dropped despite allowing 2-child families
- 00:00 Turnovers, poor shooting doom Michigan in 72-52 loss to Nebraska
- 23:00 Phoenix police link 9 murders within hours using in-house technology
- 22:57 Mother: Care denied daughter left in cold in hospital gown