Birmingham woman charged in shooting of brother's ex-girlfriend
An Ensley woman is behind bars in connection with the shooting of another woman last month.
Evita Lashawn Henderson, 33, is charged with attempted murder. She was booked into the Jefferson County Jail at 10:04 a.m. Monday. Her bond is set at $40,000.
The shooting happened Feb. 24 in the 200 block of 27th Street. Police at the time said the 49-year-old victim, whose name has not been released, was shot by her ex-boyfriend's sister.
The suspect - later identified as Henderson - fled the scene in a white Ford Tahoe.
Court records show Henderson is already awaiting trial on charges of... read more
- 15:28 Bordow: Firing of Desert Vista baseball coach Stan Luketich makes...
- 15:10 Trump at NRA convention: 'Eight-year assault' on gun rights is over
- 15:04 Stream of quakes rattles Chilean coast
- 14:38 Trump's tweets cooling — and the impact is fading a bit
- 14:36 Trump's 100-day cram session
- 14:32 Haason Reddick says yes to the steakhouse, and to the Cardinals
- 14:25 North Korea's army: 1.2M men, obsolete equipment and nukes
- 14:16 Pakistan: Thousands of activists rally against PM Sharif
- 14:16 Pentagon names Army rangers killed fighting ISIS in Afghanistan
- 13:56 A look at Macedonia's deepening political turmoil