Birmingham woman charged in shooting of brother's ex-girlfriend
An Ensley woman is behind bars in connection with the shooting of another woman last month.
Evita Lashawn Henderson, 33, is charged with attempted murder. She was booked into the Jefferson County Jail at 10:04 a.m. Monday. Her bond is set at $40,000.
The shooting happened Feb. 24 in the 200 block of 27th Street. Police at the time said the 49-year-old victim, whose name has not been released, was shot by her ex-boyfriend's sister.
The suspect - later identified as Henderson - fled the scene in a white Ford Tahoe.
Court records show Henderson is already awaiting trial on charges of... read more
- 18:39 Mylar balloons in power lines trigger outages in Gilbert
- 18:37 Coaches, players, writers reflect on impact coach Jesse Parker left
- 18:37 D-Backs Game Day: No J.D. Martinez or Paul Goldschmidt in lineup vs...
- 17:30 Democrats herald agreement on sweeping Russia sanctions bill
- 17:05 Cardinals Training Day: Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald won't play...
- 17:00 N.Y. pays $10,440 to restore FDR's Packard
- 16:47 Trump's new message man deletes inconvenient tweets
- 16:08 Funeral services for Payson-area flash-flood victims begin Monday
- 15:58 Chip Ganassi would love Kyle Larson to run the 500, Larson has some...
- 13:43 Protesting a coffee house over gentrification fears is silly — and...